ENVIRONMENTAL AND SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
At Cradle Arc, we pride ourselves on being skilled, responsible explorers who meet the environmental regulatory requirements wherever we have a business unit. We believe that environmental accountability is the responsibility of everyone at Cradle Arc, and critical aspects of our environmental programme include setting clear guidelines and, where appropriate, targets for our exploration teams and ensuring that employees and contractors understand, and are capable of performing their responsibilities in accordance with Cradle Arc’s objectives.
Alongside this, we are committed to building and maintaining positive relationships with the communities in which we operate, supporting regional development, job creation and skills development initiatives.
Within Cradle Arc, we operate with the clear mandate of being in full compliance at all times with corporate standards, applicable laws, regulations and permit requirements. Our internal monitoring also plays a critical role in continuously improving our environmental performance. This is reported to the Board annually in accordance with the relevant sectors of the Global Reporting Initiative Guidelines (GRI).
We strive to minimise our environmental effects wherever we work and to operate to high standards of performance, namely to:
- Comply with applicable laws, regulations and commitments wherever we operate
- Ensure we have the necessary resources, procedures, training programmes, and responsibilities in place to achieve our environmental objectives
- Strive to protect air and water quality, minimise consumption of water and energy, and protect natural habitats and biodiversity
- Promote an ongoing environmental dialogue with our stakeholders in the communities where we operate and explore
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define environmental priorities and to protect the environment
- Consider the requirement for environmental protection in all aspects of exploration
- Monitor our performance to verify compliance with our internal standards and legal requirements
- Report our environmental performance and assign responsibility for aspects requiring improvement.
Cradle Arc’s business activities will directly affect the lives of many people – including employees, investors, neighbours and commercial partners. This brings a social responsibility to be a good corporate citizen and with it a requirement to ensure that all those with a stake in Cradle Arc can benefit from their relationship with the Company. Being socially responsible and investing in and working together with stakeholders, is at the heart of what it means to be a good corporate citizen and Cradle Arc will focus its efforts where its impacts are greatest and where it can make the most difference.